16 July 2010

Nokia Messaging Service Troubleshoot

I set up my Nokia Messaging account with my Windows Live Hotmail email address, but I am not receiving any email?
Windows Live Hotmail requires the latest Nokia Messaging phone software. You may be using an older version of the software. Point your phone browser to email.nokia.com and download the software from there. After you install the new version, the Nokia Messaging software will automatically launch. Click the Sync button to begin receiving your Windows Live Hotmail.

My mobile phone displays an error message about not being able to connect to the Internet. What do I do?
Your access point may be incorrectly defined or your mobile phone may be out of network coverage. An access point is a setting your mobile phone uses to connect to the Internet. You can change what access point Nokia Messaging uses within the Settings.Ensure that your phone is within network coverage and that your access points are correctly defined. If necessary, you can download new access points from the Settings (in the Tools folder) on your phone.

I get a 'This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification 500: Failure' error when sending an email. What does this mean?
In rare cases, Nokia Messaging cannot send emails because your email provider's SMTP server settings are incorrectly configured, or because your email provider will not allow Nokia Messaging to send email through their server. If you are receiving this error, log into your account at email.nokia.com, select Edit Settings on the account that is receiving error, select Change Server Settings and remove the information in Outgoing mail server and Outgoing server port and uncheck SSL Required for outgoing mailserver, and select Save. This will cause your emails to be sent through the Nokia Messaging server and should resolve the problem.

I get an error message when I try to get my email on my mobile phone in another country. What does this mean?
Nokia Messaging requires Internet connectivity. Most often this error is due to the fact that your operator does not have roaming agreements with operators in that country.

I am not getting email on my mobile phone any more. What do I do?
If your account is active and you are not receiving email on your mobile phone, check for the following circumstances:
  • You may have changed the password for your email address with your email service provider. If so, you must update the Nokia Messaging settings for this email address with your new password. Email messages will then be delivered to your phone.
  • The server for your email address is down. For more information, contact your email service provider.
My question was not answered here.
If you need help with Nokia Messaging, please visit Nokia Support and visit the forums, or select Contact Us.

source:http://email.nokia.com/account/faq.action

No comments:

Post a Comment