13 July 2010

Nokia Messaging Service 2 : FAQs

Getting Started

How do I set up Nokia Messaging on my Nokia phone?
To sign up for Nokia Messaging, you need:
  • An existing Internet email account
  • A data service plan with your operator
  • A supported Nokia phone
  • Nokia Messaging software installed on your Nokia phone
Does my phone already have Nokia Messaging?
Depending on the model and/or firmware version of your Nokia device, you may have Nokia Messaging preloaded on your device. If you are in a country where Nokia Messaging is available, the E-Mail setup application on your phone will setup your email address within Nokia Messaging. As an alternative, you can sign up for Nokia Messaging at email.nokia.com.

Why do I have to give you my email password?
Nokia Messaging automatically fetches your email messages from your email account as new email arrives. To access your email, Nokia Messaging needs your user name and password.
Nokia does not use your password except in accordance with our Service Terms and Privacy Policy.

What if I am already receiving email on my phone?
Nokia Messaging can run on your Nokia phone alongside most other email solutions without any problems.
However, if you are using Nokia Intellisync Mobile Suite, you must uninstall this product before using Nokia Messaging.
To uninstall Nokia Intellisync Mobile Suite:
  1. Select the Menu button on your Nokia phone.
  2. Select Installations.
  3. Highlight the Intellisync icon.
  4. Select Options> Remove.
How am I notified of incoming email in Nokia Messaging?
When a new email arrives, you are notified with the email alert tone and/or vibration, and the @ sign appears in the menu bar. Newer devices also display the subjects of the latest received messages on the home screen.

Can anyone intercept and read my email as it travels over the wireless network?
No. Your email is encrypted as it travels over the wireless network, to prevent unauthorized access.

Can I receive calls on my mobile phone when I am receiving email?
Yes. You can make and receive phone calls while Nokia Messaging is running.

source:http://email.nokia.com/account/faq.action

No comments:

Post a Comment